Monday 23 February 2015

Short Story: Clean Break.

It wasn't a clean break.

Everyone could see through her bravado. The way she walked was different, as though something was missing, and that's because something was. A part of herself was gone, perished in the cross fire to the point of no return. a part of her had been destroyed.

She'd tried to hold on to it, to keep it together but with each knock her walls got weaker. She was crumbling slowly and no amount of  "It's okay" and "You're better than that" could save her now.

The hurt was all just too much, she had been drained of all emotion.

She sat staring at the white wash wall. No tears flowed down her face, no screams gurgled in her coarse throat. She felt empty. She wanted so much to just cry, to hurt, to feel again but nothing came out. Instead she sat staring blankly into space whilst feeling her heart break into a thousand pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the time I sat outside my year head's office when I was at college after I had reported my form tutor and I was staring at the white wall opposite and there was just nothing at all, and no way back because his actions had just destroyed my fragile walls. the part of me that I had lost with my cousin was gone forever.

    ReplyDelete